Argentina Labor and Employment Law Attorneys
The establishment of foreign companies in Argentina during recent decades has enhanced our long lasting experience in the Argentine market. These firms, which have taken advantage of the expert legal advice of Kier Joffe have enabled our Labor Department to assist clients in both the field of employment policies and in the development of strategies, as well as alternative proposals, preventive solutions to conflicts, and bargaining in general.
Our lawyers specializes in all aspects of advice to employers: individual employment matters, senior management arrangements, advanced compensation systems, litigation, labor relations and restructuring processes, in Argentina.
As advisers to employers, our law firm is noted for its participation and extensive expertise in all employment issues affecting them and in labor restructuring processes at companies, including those affecting the public sector.
Individual employment matters
The aim of the Kier Joffe Labor and Employment Department is to provide strategic employment and human resources advice to Argentinean and multinational enterprises, ensuring the most advantageous application of employment and social security legislation in the ordinary management of companies. Our lawyers specialize in designing instruments to optimize decisions and measures by employers in order to facilitate their management. Permanent contact with the client and the immediate resolution of queries are of key importance for the Department's attorneys. This is achieved through the assignment of a dedicated team that maintains contact based on trust and 24/7 availability.
The services provided by the Kier Joffe Labor and Employment Department offer the utmost versatility and the highest level of expertise in the employment law and HR area. These services include:
• Advice on the day-to-day running of the business.
• Employment contracts, reductions in social security contributions and special working conditions.
• Remuneration and compensation systems (bonus systems, flexible remuneration, shares and stock options, pension commitments).
• Internal policies and protocols.
• Holding in abeyance and termination of individual employment relationships
• Disciplinary system
• Geographical and functional mobility. Material modifications to working conditions.
• Senior management: contracts, special covenants, golden parachute clauses, non-compete clauses, incorporation into the hierarchical structure of the company, termination of senior managers.
• Professional artistes and sportsmen and women.
• Expatriate workers.
• Social security registration and contributions.
• Social security and employee welfare benefits and services.
• Equality plans.
• Training plans.
• Temporary employment agencies.
• Occupational risk prevention.
• Due diligence reviews and advice on restructuring processes (acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs, carve-outs).
• Requests for guidance submitted to the authorities
• Legislative developments.
Lawyers from the Kier Joffe Labor and Employment team are particularly conscious of the need to avoid disputes in court and therefore provide preemptive advice aimed at finding an amicable solution to disputes on the most advantageous terms for the employer.
Where a settlement cannot be reached and the case goes to court, Kier Joffe expertly and competently defends the interests of its clients by assigning seasoned expert litigators. Our geographical reach enables us to have on-site knowledge of each judicial district and its courts and administrative bodies.
The services offered by the Kier Joffe Labor and Employment Department include:
• Case preparation, assistance and appearance before the labor inspection authorities in matters involving assessments for social security contribution deficiencies or proceedings for notified labor or occupational risk prevention infringements, or any other proceeding.
• Drafting of all kinds of documents: complaints, submissions, evidence requests, appeals in the administrative jurisdiction and before the labor courts and judicial review courts.
• Appeals and any formalities required at any instance until a final judgment is obtained (courts, high courts and National Appellate Court).
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Local Date and Time:
Friday, 15 June 2012
03:25:43p.m. (GMT -03:00)
You will receive a reply from us within 24 hours.